With the launch of a new Content Management System (CMS) for their writing teams, Triumph Learning, supplemental education publisher, would need integrated, comprehensive taxonomies for precise alignment of standards-based instructional content. To design their crucial taxonomic axis, decision-makers at Triumph made a smart move, joining forces with Access Innovations, a leader in thesaurus development and customization.
- Improve descriptive metadata for text objects, images, and videos – increasing data integration
- Design multi-dimensional term maps for interrelating content objects across taxonomy branches – with codes, identifiers, and natural language anchor points
- Construct hierarchy around the internal consistency of open standards, reflecting strengths of the Common Core structure
- Make flexible configurations for rapidly adapting the subject taxonomies to implementation demands – advancing Triumph territory, in high-definition conceptual schemas
- Support pre-flight navigation testing with clear design principles, for the CMS launch – to enable multi-directional functions in the users’ creative environment
- Customize Thesaurus Master® software for maximizing project gains and generating powerful exports – to drive the Content Management engines
Data Harmony developers customized an XML export for Triumph Learning to indicate the ‘full path’ of each Preferred Term in a complex structure of intertwined branches. For every Preferred Term, the new export format includes metadata answering the query ‘How does the hierarchy drill down to arrive at this term?’
Full Path Export gave the client’s CMS Implementation Team the ability to move upward, downward, and laterally through vocabulary branches, allowing them to build flexible navigation and mapping options into the system.
Directives accomplished: Access Innovations and Data Harmony Teams envisioned the knowledge matrix, configured the cross-linked taxonomic axis, and generated software solutions synergistically while rapidly crafting 7 thousand high-quality terms for in-depth content tagging.
Are your CS or IT departments buried in streams of big data, arriving at light speed? Do employees waste time and energy duplicating work already completed… because documents, terminologies, or essential concepts are getting lost? Is your message getting lost?
Are key team leaders in your organization constantly on the search for data integration solutions, talking about making gains in efficiency – without knowing where to begin?
For taxonomy consulting and services, contact us! Do not wait… find out today how the pros at Access Innovations can make your knowledge assets infinitely more valuable – fast, integrated, and ready for whatever the future holds!