XIS (XML Intranet System) is the database module of the Data Harmony Software Suite. This object-oriented metadata management system offers platform independence and integrates with Data Harmony to leverage your taxonomies. With XIS, you have total control over all the data you need to capture. A user-friendly schema allows database customization to capture any data element, including legacy data. Object-oriented versatility enables you to specify which data elements are used in your forward-flow. Link each field in your XIS database to authority files or your Data Harmony thesaurus to normalize and enrich each record at point of creation.
- Graphical user interface (GUI) – for editors to review and/or modify records (or batches of records)
- Robust search – use Boolean search operators on user-specified fields. Export search output as an Excel spreadsheet, enabling customized data analysis reports
- Integration with MAIstro/Thesaurus Master – index individual fields Data Harmony taxonomy. Apply subject indexing terms at point of record creation. Index legacy files during batch import of archival records
- Administrative Module – configure the structure of records that are accessible through the GUI. System administrators use the Admin Module for designating the kinds of changes permitted inside various data fields using the GUI
- Command line instructions – most often used on the machine hosting the Data Harmony server to work with batches of files or to streamline system administration tasks
- API calls – a set of commands for connecting a Data Harmony core application with other software, or connecting one Data Harmony module with another module, to accomplish a specific function.