Access Innovations, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of Version 3.11 of its Data Harmony Suite of software tools. Data Harmony Version 3.11 features significant enhancements and new features throughout the software suite. These features greatly improve editorial efficiency through changes to functionality and overall clarity.
The Data Harmony Suite provides content management solutions to improve information organization by systematically applying a taxonomy or thesaurus in total integration, with patented content extraction methods. MAIstro™, the award-winning flagship software module of the Data Harmony product line, combines Thesaurus Master® (for taxonomy creation and maintenance) with M.A.I.™ (Machine Aided Indexer) for interactive text analysis and better subject tagging. XIS® (XML Intranet System) offers powerful metadata creation tools and completes the Data Harmony Suite.
Data Harmony Version 3.11 supports multiple facets to give users the ability to further refine and categorize their controlled vocabulary in the Data Harmony software.
“It is exciting for me to see these changes put into action,” said Jay Ven Eman, CEO of Access Innovations. “Data Harmony 3.11 delivers big improvements to the software, many of which come from requests by our users themselves.”
System-wide improvements include:
- improved monitors to send alerts if a server, project, or web application stops functioning, maintaining Data Harmony’s 99%+ uptime
- improved security for APIs, with support for encrypted connections to the Data Harmony servers
Improvements to M.A.I. include:
- new functionality that allows users to search for all rules associated with a thesaurus term at once
- a refresh button in the rule editor window that allows users to bring the deleted term and rule body back for editing
Thesaurus Master includes the following improvements:
- expanded export options, including Excel, ID delimited, and various SKOS exports
- a redesigned Branch Export, allowing users to produce exports with or without paired Related Terms
- redesign of WebThesViewer as a web application that runs on any browser and includes an expandable hierarchy view and auto-complete search functionality
XIS has received an extensive redesign and update, with a new look and updated features including:
- fields now auto-complete from an attached thesaurus or authority file as the user types
- the ability to handle Chinese characters (and all fonts in UTF-8 encoding)
- the ability to interface with more than one thesaurus project simultaneously
- several new exports types and search fields
- multiple views for search results
“I am pleased to have been a part of these changes to Data Harmony,” states Lamine Idjeraoui, lead programmer at Access Innovations. “This is a very strong release that will make things easier and more efficient for all of our users.”
If you would like to have a look at the Data Harmony v.3.11 release notes, fill out this form.