ALBUQUERQUE, NM (April 21, 2014) – Access Innovations, Inc. has announced that Version 3.9 of its Data Harmony Suite of software tools is now available.
The Data Harmony® Suite provides content enrichment solutions to improve information organization by systematically applying a taxonomy or thesaurus in total integration, with patented natural language processing methods. MAIstro™, the award-winning flagship software module of the Data Harmony product line, combines Thesaurus Master® (for taxonomy creation and maintenance) with M.A.I.™ (Machine Aided Indexer) for interactive text analysis and better subject tagging.
Data Harmony software gives users the power to quickly attach precise indexing terms to their content items, reflecting the controlled vocabulary of their business sector or academic discipline – at document level, in the metadata. With the MAIstro interface, editors can adjust vocabulary terms or corresponding rules that govern indexing, to generate highly accurate and consistent subject metadata for content objects. The MAIstro rule-building screen and indexing rule base syntax are highly intuitiveand accessible to non-programmers.
Access Innovations has added the following custom features and improvements to Data Harmony software for this release:
MAIstro Version 3.9 – for user-friendly, full-featured, structured vocabulary development and management:
- Emphasis display in Thesaurus Master – permitting use of bolding, italics, and underlining for terms
- New Thesaurus Master export formats – OWL2 (Web Ontology Language), Full Path XML to support XML-driven content management systems and systems that rely on breadcrumb navigation, and the Custom XML Fields format (users select the fields to be included when generating an export)
- Enhanced Adobe PDF support – Test MAI supports text from newer, full-feature PDFs, to be used during spot-testing of the indexing rule base
- Improvements to Thesaurus Master’s Import Module and the Data Harmony command line project creation tool – for improved preservation of source file term IDs
M.A.I. Version 3.9 – for automated indexing, machine-aided term selection interactivity, and extending the implementation of indexing based on a very accessible rule base
- Support for returning the full path of suggested terms
- Enhanced reporting features for identifying the usage of conditional rules
- Increased maximum rule length, to allow for more complex and specific rule-building
- Easy implementation of secure server login (SSL) beginning at project creation, if desired
- More flexible and more memory-efficient capabilities for implementation with inline tagging
For Version 3.9, application developers placed an emphasis on creatively leveraging API calls to accomplish specialized goals for existing Data Harmony customers, resulting in new software packages becoming available for the first time. Data Harmony API calls offer a method for system administrators to facilitate ongoing Web services for Data Harmony users. API calls also provide a way to configure direct machine-to-machine operations for processing information stored in Data Harmony. All APIs are available as Web services.
Additional major updates in this Data Harmony software release include improvements to Search Harmony and the addition of a new service, Data Harmony’s Author Submit extension module.
“This version of the software shows a strong move to Web-based functionality,” said Allex Lyons, one of the Data Harmony programming team. “Our recent enhancements provide greater search efficiency while browsing your thesaurus, through callouts and hyperlinks to related and narrower terms.”
For further information, see www.dataharmony.com.